Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Min. damage 14% > 36% Critical damage

Here lemme put it simple: your gear=min dmg. rest CD and AMP..... this is another useless thread there was one like it about 2 years ago

attack rate > all
    *Removed by GM* Troll on the loose

it, WTB> 14 min dmg Redosm GS 2 slot, and Weapon scroll (crit rate) high, 48/14/14 namsaying?

Shadow Titanium MandaloreTheIndomitible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvettezr1 View Post
    it, WTB> 14 min dmg Redosm GS 2 slot, and Weapon scroll (crit rate) high, 48/14/14 namsaying?
    Naw... I want a 56 min dmg GS, your rate can go smell off.
    Last edited by MandaloreTheIndomitible; 03-03-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    At sea, who dis? #AnchorsAweigh

Gar taldin ni jaonyc: Gar sa buir, ori'wasaasla - No one cares about who your father was, only about the father you'll be.

Well here's food for thought. If your base is 85% and you have 20% more minimum dmg, would that mean your minimum damage isn't 100%, but 105%? Does that mean your actual damage itself would increase similarly to how amp increases it? So instead of being only Base 100%, you're 5% higher than the normal base. I've never bothered trying it out so don't know, and I doubt anyone else has really looked at it in detail. Since magic are default 100%, would it rais the base dmg?

How to test: Use a weapon with no cd or craft. Use a PC min dmg craft of the same weapon and +. See if there are any differences. Your bracelets should already have you near 100%.

Edit: Doesn't work for magic. I tested.
    Last edited by Valdoroth; 03-03-2013 at 02:26 PM.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Shadow Titanium
    I have done some test in PI about 1 year ago. Min Dmg% only makes it so that you always hit for a consistant amount of damage once you cap it out at 100%. It doesn't raise the your minimum base damage done to a target higher than your maximum potential. Overall, capping out min dmg% just means your attacks will not have random damage between min and max damage, it will always be max damage.

For example, say your a FS (their base min dmg% is 85%) and your max damage done with a sword attack is 1000 (the fly text overhead). When you have no min dmg% items equipped, your damage on a target will vary between 850 and 1000 each time you attack that same target.

Now equip 10% min dmg% to your character and that same attack will now do between 950 and 1000 damage to that target.

Add 15% min Dmg% to your charcter and that same attack will now do 1000 damage every time, it won't vary.

Add 20% min dmg to your character and your attack will still only do 1000 damage every time you attack.

So no matter what amount of min dmg% you equip, you can't exceed your maximum damage you do. Also, this only applies to damage done that are not critical hits...when you score a critical hit, it's always max damage regardless of how much min dmg% you have...at least to my knowledge, I did very little critical testing. I was only concerned about min dmg%. Orange text skills are a bit different as they have many other factors that determine the amounts of damage they do which I believe is independent of the min dmg% you have equipped (such as number and placement of targets in the skills range of attack).

As for how I did my test....

1. I stripped naked (only sword and shield with base stats)
    2. Hit a target 100 times, did this 3 times so 300 hits...I made sure the mob was same level as me to cancel out level difference and how it may or may not affect the damage I did.
    3. Recorded the results
    4. Changed sword to another exactly like the one I had equipped (same level, same grade) but with 7% min dmg on it.
    5. Did another 100 hits 3 times
    6. Recorded the damage
    7. Equipped a shield (again exaclty same) but with anothe 7% min dmg on it.
    8. Did another 100 hits 3 times.
    9. Equipped more items so I could reach my cap and again so that I could exceed my cap...NOTE: this also increased my base attack as only items I could find with more min dmg% on it also gave an increase to base attack...therefore I had to do another test without the min dmg% items but with the same base stats as I would have had when using those min dmg% items (hope that makes sense).

Overall, over 1000 attacks and results was consistent to what I said in the beginning of this post....the only issue was orange text skills like shield break....the way they work didn't make it easy to get consistent results in damage done...it seems even when you capped min dmg% to 100%, orange text skills damage still seems to be random even hitting just 1 target....also SB didn't always do 15 hits, sometimes it would do 9 hits instead and the damage would be a bit random. Since I already had confirmed the information I was looking for, I didn't do anymore testing with orange text skills.

So hopefully I put this in a way that people can easily understand...if not, then I don't know how else to explain it...
    Last edited by Davynelord; 03-05-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post
    I have done some test in PI about 1 year ago...
    ...if not, then I don't know how else to explain it...
    Cut it off so as not to make a huge response.

As for orange texted skills, I've noticed that even the distance within 0-1 alters the numbers of hits, with the most being about 0.2-0.4 distance. Hitting mobs off the side of your main attack can vary from 2-5 hits for FB's assassinate usually, but those very close hits can be upwards of 15 times from what I've counted. Infernal Impact would be similar with a minimum of 3 and a maximum of about 32.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345