So, I assume some of you out there are like me and like a good name. This could be your character's name, or your pet's name, and even your guild's name. Sure, the name is sometimes of little importance when the other players in the guild are fun to play with, but, if you're like me, a bad guild name drives you crazy and may even repel you from joining or dealing with a guild.
Then again, I might just be crazy.
And so, going with that thought, I want to rate guild names to try and find what qualities go into what I see as a good guild name.
So, post below any guild names you can think of. Current, past, or prospective guild names; I'll take them all.
And, so I at least try and avoid some drama I don't know any guilds outside of my own; I don't know any guilds in Mercury. Frankly, I don't give a care about guild drama and, as such, will rate the names for what they are and not as a means of trying to make a judgement on the players in it. That being said, please remember that this is just me being picky old me, so no hard feelings if your name(s) don't resonate with me. ;3
From what I can tell...
Terror's Rules - Looking at the patterns below.
1. Good names should be simple, yet meaningful.
2. A lack of creativity- such as using language from the game itself- lessens a name's impact.
3. Guild names which attempt to invoke images of power- God, Lord, etc- or otherwise are intimidating have little appeal.
4. While it's all well and good, guild names which attempt to be funny make the guild feel less serious.
5. Guild names involving a specific country might appeal to connect players related to the country, but also feels exclusive.
6. (I have a weak spot for names in other languages. xD)
The List - Odd formatting, such as xX---Xx or numbers as letters and capitalization are removed.
The Good - Names which would convince me to join a guild.
Hitsuzen ("inevitability", "fatality")
LiberiFatali ("children of fate")
The Humorous - I won't say they're good, but they're funny.
The Better - Names which are good, but are missing something...
evoL (Love backwards)
Neutral - Not good, not bad, doesn't really make any impact with me.
TaintedReign (Sounds kinky.)
The Meh - Not bad, but could use some more creativity.
The Bad - Names which don't appeal to me at all, and might repel me.
The Annoying - Seriously, don't be a child. xD
The Unknown - What are the meanings behind these names?
Seireitei (Like the sound, any meaning? Sounds like kanji to me.)