Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Emblem Event dp calculation

Guild Emblem Event dp calculation

Can anyone explain how est is calculating the guild dp for the emblem event? The number of dp next to those listed on the leaderboard don't seem to be a straight 1 to 1 conversion for dp gained by a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrel21 View Post
    Can anyone explain how est is calculating the guild dp for the emblem event? The number of dp next to those listed on the leaderboard don't seem to be a straight 1 to 1 conversion for dp gained by a guild.
    i am sure it takes a while for it to update

well if you have alts in your guild only the highest ranked alt will give you points to the event
    example main 177 alt 160 you run a few doungons with the 160 and get 12 dp and the 177 runs 3 dp only 3 dp is given to the guild score

yea no something is definitely up. it would be nice if for once they could explain things clearly so ppl know wtf they're doing. bad enough they trashed a days worth of work by screwing up m/a but now we dont even know exactly how this dp calculation works because for sure there's something else to it other than wat was detailed in the notes. i kept track of my guildies and their dp today and we by far exceeded the total of all the top 3 guilds in our tier yet we're not even in teh top 3 and no we dont have alts, these r all diff ppl playing diff accounts so i have no idea wat's going on. i would rly appreciate it if they could tell us how they're tallying this so that i dont waste my time spamming dungeons if they dont even count for sht.

My main is in a t5 guild, but i have an alt in a t3 guild. The t3 guild is trying to win the event but we aren't even in the top 3 at the moment. If the calculation is based on a 1 to 1 conversion for all the dp gained by the top level char of each person in the guild then on the first day we had at least 3 times what Aion is showing as of midnight cabal time (most recent update) on the 28th.

Either the calculator is seriously bugged or there is some other factor that goes into calculating the guild dp than what was included in the details of the event.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrel21 View Post
    My main is in a t5 guild, but i have an alt in a t3 guild. The t3 guild is trying to win the event but we aren't even in the top 3 at the moment. If the calculation is based on a 1 to 1 conversion for all the dp gained by the top level char of each person in the guild then on the first day we had at least 3 times what Aion is showing as of midnight cabal time (most recent update) on the 28th.

Either the calculator is seriously bugged or there is some other factor that goes into calculating the guild dp than what was included in the details of the event.
    It's not a 1:1 conversion. It's being divided by some random number that we don't know; i'll guess 10.

So if 10 people all make 100 dp, thats not 1000 guild points. That's like 100 guild points.

Conversely, if a guild has 150 points, they made 1500 dp, not only 150 dp

So what that means: your DP IS being counted, they just divided it for the sake of having smaller numbers to make it easier to track instead of counting like 10k+ (it's completely arbitrary since all counts will be divided exactly the same way). If a guild has 50 points they did 500 dp, and if a guild has 200 points they did 2000 dp. You just need to score more, since it IS being counted.
    Last edited by Cathy; 09-28-2012 at 04:03 AM.

I agree in this case that a little bit more information would be most welcomed.

I wont waste any more time tho, off to spam those DX

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    I agree in this case that a little bit more information would be most welcomed.

I wont waste any more time tho, off to spam those DX
    I don't see why its really necessary to say that 1 dp = 0.1 points or w/e, as long as they're correctly counting everyone evenly, which people should assume is the case: this thread was made because people thought their dp wasn't being counted because the calculator was bugged, not because they said 'GM's you gave this guild more points than they deserve' etc etc.

you dont see why?

Hmmm... well, it would be nice to know, so that people would know "ok so we need at least _____ dp to catch up with guild X" and then figure out if it's worth trying or not.

Just run your <removed> off and stop crying either you want it or you don't if you want it you will pass them spend less time ing here and more time running dungs you might be able to do it
    Last edited by [GM] Lorkan; 10-01-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast