Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: FA v FB pros and cons

Question FA v FB pros and cons

Ok so im thinking about rerolling to fa from fb and I just want the good pros and cons of fa compared to fb. Also im a 90% pvp players so im looking from a war pk standpoint.

FB lvl 180 da best
    Tank status
    HAR HAR HAR C_C

Banned
    Once your FA is MF proof it's GG FB

Quote Originally Posted by jamnotjelly View Post
    Ok so im thinking about rerolling to fa from fb and I just want the good pros and cons of fa compared to fb. Also im a 90% pvp players so im looking from a war pk standpoint.
    In a rock paper scissors point of view; FA will beat an FB when pitted against each other.

But FB debuffs are pretty nice for disabling other classes like a BL (most of which are mf-able when combined with level down). Silencing on Aoc and bm3 normal attack is something FA doesn't have. Roots are great, especially for wizzies, as FB is the only class that can prevent a wiz from running away forever and/or chasing forever. As an FA in n.war, if you're low hp and a wiz is chasing you, your only option is to stand and tank them and kill them, or die. An FB will only ever die by another FB's root. Or if you just estimate poorly how much you can tank.

FA has nicer damage output though, easier to score with FA in n.war. Easier and simpler to play overall. Can't hit the rate cap as easily as FB but still outdps's anyways. The nicest thing is that you're immune to root while if you played FB, you're still susceptible to all other FB's roots. Since FB's wont be able to root-kill you, an FA will only ever die by chasing WI. It's easy to be mf proof as either class too btw.
    Last edited by Peaches; 09-11-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    hi im Peaches
    Quote Originally Posted by IBladE View Post
    Everyone knows a cap bringer is just a person who couldn't get proc bringer.

I hate FA. so look forward to seeing me in war >.< I go for fa first

like your scary Dawk >.>
    For of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: "It might have been!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    In a rock paper scissors point of view; FA will beat an FB when pitted against each other.

But FB debuffs are pretty nice for disabling other classes like a BL (most of which are mf-able when combined with level down). Silencing on Aoc and bm3 normal attack is something FA doesn't have. Roots are great, especially for wizzies, as FB is the only class that can prevent a wiz from running away forever and/or chasing forever. As an FA in n.war, if you're low hp and a wiz is chasing you, your only option is to stand and tank them and kill them, or die. An FB will only ever die by another FB's root. Or if you just estimate poorly how much you can tank.

FA has nicer damage output though, easier to score with FA in n.war. Easier and simpler to play overall. Can't hit the rate cap as easily as FB but still outdps's anyways. The nicest thing is that you're immune to root while if you played FB, you're still susceptible to all other FB's roots. Since FB's wont be able to root-kill you, an FA will only ever die by chasing WI. It's easy to be mf proof as either class too btw.
    FA have Explosion Shot for countering Wizard's blink... not as reliable or effective because of its long cooldown but it does work in a pinch to prevent a wizard from chasing. Also, wizards cannot outrun a +15 bike. FB is much preferred to disable wizards, but at least FA have *some* options.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    FA have Explosion Shot for countering Wizard's blink... not as reliable or effective because of its long cooldown but it does work in a pinch to prevent a wizard from chasing. Also, wizards cannot outrun a +15 bike. FB is much preferred to disable wizards, but at least FA have *some* options.
    Explosion shot too op,nerf please

Quote Originally Posted by xvxURIZENxvx View Post
    Once your FA is MF proof it's GG FB
    It's probably worth mentioning that MF proof for an FA is not only having enough MP to dash/fade (about 45, I've found), but enough to cast Remove Curse, which costs 100 MP. For me, this is 1614 MP.

I didn't count rw3 just cause everyone can have one :P

Either way: the only class that should be able to kill FA at all is a WI o.o
    hi im Peaches

It's probably worth mentioning that MF proof for an FA is not only having enough MP to dash/fade (about 45, I've found), but enough to cast Remove Curse, which costs 100 MP. For me, this is 1614 MP.
    pfttt if you're t5 you don't have to worry about mf on either FA or FB
    hi im Peaches