Cabal's NEW Damage Formula (for real. yes, for this patch.)
I dedicated about an entire day or two just to figuring out the formula. Hope you guys can make use of it.
There are 6 variables in determining damage. They are: Power (Attack, Amp., Add. Attack), Damage Reduction (Defense), Damage Reduce, Penetration, Minimum Damage, and Add. Damage
Rules for the variables
- Power = (Base Attack x Amp.) + Add. Attack
- Power ALWAYS gets divided by 4 (or multiplied by .25) when calculating damage for PvP. ALWAYS.
- Damage Reduce (not to be confused with Damage Reduction) ALWAYS gets divided by 4 (or multiplied by .25) when calculating damage for PvP. ALWAYS.
- Damage Reduce is always (unless there is add. damage. only bladers have to worry about this.) the LAST to be calculated when finding someone's damage and always the FIRST to be calculated when working backwards.
- Damage Reduction = Opponents Damage Reduction as a Decimal, ex. For 76% reduction, use the decimal .24
- Finding Opponent's Damage Reduction = 4(Damage Done to Player with an Ability + ((Opponent's Damage Reduce / 4) - Your Penetration)) / Your Power
- Minimum Damage is not calculated the way I originally thought it might be. For now, let's ignore minimum damage altogether. Any *small* variations in damage output can be blamed on the Minimum Damage stat. For example, If you get the number 46 for Impact Stab but in game you're hitting 50-60, you can say it's because of Min. Dmg, but if you get a 46 and you're hitting 75 or higher, then the calculation is wrong.
- Add. Damage is the least used of all the variables and is most commonly found on Blader's Art of Fierceness buff. Add. Damage is ALWAYS divided by 5 in PvP. 3000 Add. Damage from AoF is reduced to 600 in PvP. In nation war it does not get divided (from what I've seen). Add. Damage is always calculated last. I won't talk about this stat more than this since it's only relevant to bladers. This stat gets calculated even after damage reduce.
Final Output: Power(Opponent's Damage Reduction)(.25) - ((Opponent's Damage Reduce / 4) - Your Penetration)
I'll show an example.
Attacker - 2425 Attack - 58% Amp. - 16% Min. Damage - 35 Penetration - Impact Stab - 15% Skill Amp. - +96 Add. Attack - 73% Total Ability Amp.
Defender - 1500 Defense - 332 Damage Reduce - 72% Damage Reduction(72% is how much 1500 def gives)
Attacker's Power: (2425 x 1.73) + 96 = 4291.25
4291.25(.28)(.25) - 48 = 252.38
Test it out guys and let me know if you find any inconsistencies. PM me if you have questions or need help with the formula.
Last edited by Shimura; 07-30-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Do you have a list or a graph of defense and damage reduction?
Something wrong about min dmg. As far as I can remember, all sw classes has Min. dmg (different betweens each class, 90% with BL for example), which means they DO NOT always deal there full dmg, but vary from 90% to 100% of their maximum dmg. Min. dmg in bracelet only means to reduce the variety of out put dmg, brings dmg output to the maximum potential. FA and wiz don't have min. dmg, which means they always deal 100% of their true dmg. So, adding min. dmg to your formula like that is incorrect.
Furthermore, Add dmg (like AoF of BL for instance) and Add ATK (the add. atk value u see in skills) are different. Add DMG is the last of dmg formula, cannot be reduced, while add ATK is added along with atk, amp and reduced by defend. So, using AoF of BL like an example here is wrong.
About penetration, I agree it's a counter stat of DMG reduce, but not as u expressed. With 100 more penetration, i can crit 1.2k-1.5k more on mobs (250CD) mean while reducing 100 dmg reduce, I only deal 100 more dmg with both crit and non crit hits.
Good job trying to figure out new dmg formula anyway.
Last edited by Imunique; 07-30-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Yeah man. I edited in a list based on what I tested and how I believe it goes.
Originally Posted by providen1990
Last edited by Shimura; 07-30-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Lol... you're a pretty funny guy considering almost everything you said was wrong. First of all let me quote myself:
Originally Posted by Imunique
Secondly, this formula is for PVP not for PVE. damage reduce does not get divided by 4 in PVE. Your damage on mobs is irrelevant.
Originally Posted by Shimura
Thirdly, what I said about add. damage is 100% correct. I never once confused Add. Damage with Add. Attack that's why they are COLOR CODED. Test it for yourself. In PvP add. Damage is divided by 5. Until you test it and can show the math don't post that crap. You'll confuse the other people who actually want to learn.
If with 16% min dmg, u x1.16 your power, is it different from amp. ? Furthermore, with that way of calculating dmg, ADD DMG is reduced by def, mean while it's not, I agree it's divided by 5 in pvp, but it's not reduced by defend or whatever. You never mentioned ADD. DMG, just ADD. ATK and take AoF of BL as example, which is mostly wrong.
About penetration, maybe i'm wrong, but it has much more impact than just subtracting value of dmg reduce
Bro... I'm trying to be nice here but you just went full retard. I never mentioned add. Damage? Are you sure? How about you go read my post one more time lmao. Like I said its definitely possible that I'm wrong about min dmg but I'm not wrong about the other .
Originally Posted by Imunique
I clearly state that add dmg is the very last to be calculated. It gets added on to your final output.
Also I'd like to point out you're challenging my formula quite a lot without testing it first don't you think? Give me some numbers and I'll listen to you. So far all you've done is prove that you didn't even read the original post
Last edited by Shimura; 07-30-2014 at 12:52 AM.
oh, you mentioned, sorry but i didn't see it. My bad.
I have always believe that your power should minus your defense somehow ^^
Let say someone have 2k4 defense, and you are a WI with 2k5 atk, 100amp, use terra lance 85amp (ignore add atk, damage reduce and penetrate for simplify)
Then your attack power is 2500x2.85 = 7125
The damage output is 7125(.15)(.25)(1) = 267.2
I can tell you it is not right the damage output is too low for that stats ^^
You should test it when the opponent defense is high like 2k and up no one have 1k5 def now ^^
Thanks for the work though
Last edited by providen1990; 07-30-2014 at 01:18 AM.
That was how the old formula was. They changed it
Originally Posted by providen1990