Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
hybrid fb is pro. my fb is hybrid and its a great pker. you just root, darkness, hl, and then use a crap load of lances + lvl 20 assassiante/infernal as epic finisher. it kills anybody
Common myth. hFB's are only viable in PvP's (in which the opponent cannot heal). It is a widely perpetuated misconception that you need to be a "hFB" in order to win a duel with cannons/lances. Any DEX sFB can use the same Darkness -> Root cannon spam to win a duel. My cannons hit 100's (if even) but this still allows me to gain a significant 700-1k HP lead (depending on Abyssal Crystal crits). After the first root ends, just root again, mass debuff, fade out of range and then start a sword combo with force kick. There's no need to waste your time gearing up to be a "hybrid" when you already have the tools to win. Any FB that needs to use every single debuff they have to win is going to be frowned upon regardless of what build they are using.

Furthermore, hFB's are awful PKers. Once your debuffs go on cooldown you will not be able to kill anything. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that someone would be able to pot through your damage in a PK until your debuffs run out and then kill you.