Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No one can add me as a buddy or to a guild? Says I'm offline when Im visible?

Exclamation No one can add me as a buddy or to a guild? Says I'm offline when Im visible?

My friend and I have been playing Cabal Online since the Beta on OGPlanet. This issue has never happened to me on any character before.

When I personally click on someone then click add buddy, nothing happens. They do not receive a request, and there is no counter on the right side. The same thing happens when I manually type in their name in the buddy screen.

I can PvP, join parties, and trade. My friends can see me fine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but nothing changed. I also click "check files" underneath Start Game. Nothing.

I also can not whisper anyone. I type something, then press enter, but nothing appears in the chat box.

From my friend's laptop's perspective, he clicks add buddy, then some sort of message pops up saying I'm not online, when I am clearly standing there, he can see me, and I can talk to him in party chat. I have tried this with many people, including a random person I didn't even know.

So, in order to test and find out if it was my character's issue, we tried something; I created a new character. Same problem. Since that didn't work, we thought the problem could be with my account. So, I logged on to his account, and he logged on to mine (this is a very trusted person, of whom I've been friends with since kindergarten so don't worry) and he tried adding me from there, and vice versa. Even when I was on a different account, I had the same problem. So, I tried re-installing the game. Even then, same problem. Please help. If any other information is required, pm me or post a reply.

Thanks!

Thankyou for bringing this issue to our attention. I'm the guy who tried to add you in game, mystic

Does this problem also happen with guild invites? Sometimes your guild and buddy list are linked and experience the same problems. If you don't have anyone to throw you a guild invite i'll try and invite you to mine.
    Please post the results
    Last edited by Shadowkin8; 08-24-2010 at 09:08 PM.
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon
    Shadowkin8 -- 12x Blader(RETIRED)
    MYSTIC -- 13x Wizard(RETIRED)
    Shad0wkin8 -- 4x ForceShielder(RETIRED)
    Unofficial Tech Support Team

"Doin' the stuff Gms are to laz-...i mean busy to do"

I just redownloaded the installer, and I reinstalled Cabal again. I am about to restart my computer, then log on. You can meet me in Bloody Ice at channel 13, and we can try there.

Hmm. It seems you are right about them being linked. Sorry for double post. I can not add someone to the block list, buddy, or guild. But, that does not explain why I can not whisper. Any ideas?

Hm...Can you also try making a new character? I'm trying to narrow down where this problem stems from. If its not the game, or your character. Then it has so be an issue with your computer.
    Anyways post when you get it done
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon

Titanium
    Right in the middle of Nowhere. It's pretty quiet here.
    I have previously had an issue resembling this one, but not quite as serious. Every now and then when I log on my buddy, guild, and ignore lists are completely empty, no one can see me online, I cannot add buddies, my guild tag does not appear, etc. However, the problem usually sorts itself out if I re-log.

From what you are saying, the issue has got to be the computer, or your version of the game. To totally rule out your game files, you should uninstall, delete the remaining files (minus screenshots, if you want to keep that) and run a registry cleaner to remove all traces from your registry as well. Then, re-install. If you have not had this problem from the moment that you installed the game, and I assume that you haven't, then re-downloading shouldn't do much of anything, so just install from the program already on your comp. If you need a registry cleaner (They are nice to have: a cleanup now and then will help your comp boot faster) here is a link to one. If the problem persists after you have done all of that, then the problem has got to be something else on your computer.

By the way, I like the sig shadowkin.

~Sicon112
    Joint Head of the Unofficial Forum Tech Support Team

I did make two new characters. They both had the same problem. I already tried uninstalling, and redownloading a new installer. I also ran CCleaner, defragmented, and ran malware scans with MalwareBytes. I still had the same issue. My firewall and virus protection didn't detect anything, so that's ruled out. And yes, I have had this problem since Cabal switched over from OGPlanet. But, on OGPlanet I didn't have this problem. I am pretty sure this is a problem with my computer, because as I stated above, I tried using multiple totally different accounts that we knew worked on my friends laptop with Windows Vista. I am currently scanning for viruses or spyware using Norton Security Suite.

Some people think I have a limited internet connection, but I can assure you that I have a full internet connection, and my computer surpasses the hardware requirements by far.

Btw, I agree. I like that sig xP

Titanium
    Alright, I will start brainstorming. I'll come up with a few theories and get back to you in a bit. I assume CABAL is already on both your firewall and antivirus exception lists then, so I will rule that out. OK then, I will talk to you in a bit!

~Sicon112

There used to be a huge issue like this back in the day(when cabal was first starting out in NA). I'd log in and my buddy list/guild list wouldn't be there. It was also a massive glitch though, so it happened to multiple people at once. The simple fix was to server select and come back in, or wait until a GM fixed it. I'm curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this problem. Maybe its resurfaced.

*edit* Oh im glad you like the sig xD
    Mercury
    Ch.14
    CollateralDamage
    Procyon

Titanium
    Yea, that's what I was referring to in my first post.

~Sicon112

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast