Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leveling in PF

Titanium

Leveling in PF

So, atm I'm 146. Leveling solo in PF is difficult when I want to level off mobs that are worth my time (4-6 Trickor or 1-2 cornus+brachiums). My gear isn't that great honestly, so I'm terribly squishy. While I can make either of these options work, I'm on the fence as to whether I should combo or stunlock (don't want to combo-stunlock as there is too little of a margin for error.)

I've got probably the best dps combo possible for leveling (aside from infernal impact being 9 instead of 20) however the combo guarantees mobs will hit me at least once every time around. Because of this I can't take more than 2 cornus' + 1 brachium or 5 trickor (3 being type R) at a time. Any more than these amounts and, assuming every mob hits me at the beginning of a new combo cycle, I will die.

Then there's the stunlock option. Using this method I can potentially level on much bigger packs of mobs at once due to only a few hitting me at a time (in practice it's good to assume you will always miss at least one or two.) Problems with this method are the facts that sometimes I miss more than a few and die anyway (particularly at cornus) and it's much slower and, imo less fun, than comboing.

So what do you other fb's think. Would like to hear how other people playing this class prefer to level in the 140+ range. Thanks for your time

TL;DR Should I combo or stunlock (not both) while leveling in pf and against what mobs/where should I use the aforementioned method?

Edit: Grammar.
    Last edited by Bowkill; 04-11-2010 at 04:19 AM.
    14x FB
    Guild: Strangeland
    Server: Venus

Stunlock combo is the only way to go if you're squishy.

Leveling in PF can always be a pain in the ass no matter what class you are. PF is the kind of place where you would prefer the mobs not being able to do anything to you. So do what Berserk said and use a stun lock combo. It's your best bet on surviving.

14x FS Oruka [Venus]
    10x FB SuzuRyoku [Venus]
    6x WI Teisho (Getting there T_T) [Venus]

Find someone to grind with. Then throw in stuns when needed.
    <Templar>
    Hakuteiken - FB: 17X || Heartilly - Wiz:18X

Titanium
    Well I found a pretty good video detailing a nice stunlock combo, however timing it right is tricky. It's practically as dangerous as just using a dps-based combo as one too-early or too-late stigma and all the mobs hit me..... So hmm =\. Are you all still of the opinion that stunlock combo is the way to go? Simply dps-comboing a lower number of mobs or using a non-combo stunlock seem much safer.

and Leon, this post was was made with solo'ing in mind. Obviously it becomes a non-issue with someone around to help disable mobs lol.
    14x FB

If you think that a stunlock combo is "tricky" you should just stop playing.

Titanium
    It's not the skills themselves, it's the timing. .1 second means a stun doesn't go off and everything gets one attack in. This quickly leads to death on packs of mobs worth leveling on.
    14x FB

Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    If you think that a stunlock combo is "tricky" you should just stop playing.
    Lol +1 stop playing

Banned
    combo and spam lvl 9 stigma and assassinate as much as you can. Add in some fast skills for more vamp.

If you can't tank it or do stunlock combo.. play with a wizard.

IGN: 93122834 - 180 FB Venus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast