Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Total fail..

Total fail..

So, I was just running to Volcanic Citadael, for a run. When I noticed two bots on the way. Being the person I am, I killed them of course. Now I have to wait thirty minutes to do my run. I know alot of people are going to say "Shouldn't have killed them so quit QQn over it, its your fault." etc. Honestly though..Pking bots shouldnt give you a PK penalty, if anything you should be rewarded for it. So yea, anyway my little rant is over. Deuces

I knooow I know. I think the problem though is that there currently is no way to tell right off the bat with a computer program weather someone is a bot or not. You have to physically go find the person and watch them, which in my book still is no excuse for a company to not do something about it. It just means the company is too lazy to divert their resources into taking care of the problem. This mistake I will not make when I am a videogame designer.
    http://photobucket.com/albums/uu215/Killaonmoco/Illfightforyou.jpg
    Time on Cabal?
    A: Since at least 2008.
    Old Guilds you were in?
    A: First it was <Fatalis> Then their name changed to <Imperia>. Next to follow was <Foxhound>, <Starla>, and then <Foxhound> again.
    Old name= Raganok (WA)
    New name= Rage01 (WA) Our guild is the BetterGamingGuild. Help us grow and help make gaming better both online and off.

lol theres no discrimination by the client/server. it cant tell if the person you killed is a bot or just a noob lvling...

i dont see that being in cabal 1, let alone cabal 2 lol..its rather insignificant, just keep from pking untill ur done dungs....

or do it on alts ^_^

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa View Post
    I knooow I know. I think the problem though is that there currently is no way to tell right off the bat with a computer program weather someone is a bot or not. You have to physically go find the person and watch them, which in my book still is no excuse for a company to not do something about it. It just means the company is too lazy to divert their resources into taking care of the problem. This mistake I will not make when I am a videogame designer.
    i dont think you realize how many factors come into play suggesting its simple to design a system that cannot be reversed, or exploited overnight and status quo (bots everwhere) will never go away, maybe less in a pay 2 play mmo, but not play 4 free...the currency selling sites, and trade sites as well as normal players who just like to sell/buy things for real-world currency instead of virtual currency.

example: you become game designer, make a system that implements checks to be sure the player isnt botting.

5 hours later after being live, the reversed patch is available by some guy bored and decided to play with ollydebugger and your game to create exploits.

end of story.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 02-20-2011 at 09:09 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by XMfknMattyX View Post
    "Shouldn't have killed them so quit QQn over it, its your fault."
    ;D

Theres a "report abuse" button in the skill special tab. Dunno if it works though lol
    Fear is an Illusion